have you guys heard of the everygirl? run by two savvy business women alaina and danielle, featuring ladies who are doing cool things! angela and i were honored that they chose to interview us in chicago during our blogshop class. they asked how we started, how it is working with each other, how we put it all together and so much more…
they hung around after the interview and snapped a bunch of photos of us doing our thaaang in class.
to check out the full feature that went up this morning, head over here! thanks for having us ladies!
photos by stoffer photography
these are some photos from our chicago VIDEO class! which I loved so much. (see more chicago photos here and more about what we teach in the class here)
okay, those gold leaf white vinyl “just be cool posters” rocked my world! mine will be hanging in my studio for sure.
and you have to try out the customizable pinhole press journals!
we taught a whole section on lighting and even let all the students make these foam core light reflectors to take home and make their shoots better. i really enjoyed hearing angela talk about the theory of it all. (she’s a lighting genius!) we went over stop motion, shooting on a tripod, times of day to shoot, cameras that we like etc…
hey check it out, we had a guy join us too. i’m always surprised at the amount of guys that sign up. don’t be scared men, we don’t bite!
thank you maleesa for making beautiful little floral arrangements for all the tables (the students snapped so many photos of them on the hashtag!)
and how ’bout those leather polka dot business card pouches? i’m also really into her gold clutches!
thanks for being our first video class guinea pigs! our next video class is in LA, but we’re considering dallas (after regular blogshop) and new york next!
to sign up for blogshop, you head right over here! and request YOUR city here!
don’t we look like the cast of SNL here? i love it! this was our awesome chicago blogshop gang taking a photoshop learning break.
we taught at THIS awesome loft space owned by photographers kristen + chris barker. they were the most generous & spunky couple — we adore them. they were also the ones that sent me their portfolio in a view master! (see here)
now a little about our chicago sponsors…
1. pinhole press: we have been working with the rad folks over at pinhole press for a while now. it’s always fun to get the box of photo journals with the new design I made for the students!
2. jonna saarinen: these aqua + magenta patterned dish towels were really interesting. sort of like a little beautiful sponge. (and how great are those pink legs on the stools!)
3. cutting edge stencils: those are cool wall decals. i would use metallic paint for a cool effect!
4. i’m a big imm living fan. (remember this post?) the students each recieved one of these pretty porcelain letter openers.
that’s me peeking over student’s shoulders like a proud teacher as they get creative and work on their own blog posts with their new skills.
5. penelope’s press: hand drawn letterpress chicago cards! so simple and cute.
6. sucre shop: patterned ice cream spoons. because we all like ice cream in the summer time.
7. fieldguided: a dreamy sequin photograph that would be perfect hanging in your dressing room!
and thanks always to our friends at adobe photoshop for your amazing giveaways!
stay tuned for more about our chicago video class up next! angela and i left chicago feeling really happy at how well it went! we weren’t sure what it would be like to teach a whole new curriculum after being so used to our normal routine (and to be honest we were sort of winging it on this first one) but the students learned a ton and a lot of them even told me that video didn’t intimidate them anymore. (score!) i’m hoping to take this class all over the country as well!
to sign up for dallas or toronto blogshop go here!